Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting To Know: Denzelle Good


We will be catching up with as many of the 2009 Commits as we possibly can. We hope to help you get to know these young men that are coming to NC State, because at the end of the day, they are more than just football players with numbers on the back of their jerseys. They are all unique individuals that have chosen to come play for the university you love. We hope you enjoy these interviews.

Denzelle Good will be the first in a long line of 2009 commits that we will interview. Denzelle is a 6'6, 325 pound Offensive Lineman that is a consensus 4 Star recruit. Scout lists Good as the #6 Offensive Linemen in his class. Enjoy getting to know Denzelle Good:


Why did you choose NC State?

"NC State is a great school with great coaches. They are a strong program on the rise and I feel like I should be a part of it."

What award or accolade have you received that meant the most to you?

"I feel that graduating high school will mean more to me that any award I have received. To me it means that I've passed step one in life."

What have the coaches been telling you your role would be next year?

"Coach Bridge has been telling me that I'm a five position guy on the OL and that being red-shirted is a possibility."

What are your strengths? And what areas are you working on this off-season?

"I feel that pass blocking is my best ability, but most scouts compliment my run blocking. I've been working on my flexibility and coming off the ball in different stances."

Who is your all-time favorite football player?

"My all-time favorite football player is Walter Payton. He was an amazing player, but he was so humble and thats how i try to model myself."

What are you planning on studying at NC State?

"I'm looking forward to entering the first-year college program."

What are some of your hobbies and interests?

"I love drawing and listening to music."

What are you most excited about next season?

"I just can't wait to get on the field and hear those fans howling and cheering! Thanks for the interview. I appreciate you taking the time to get to know me."


Thanks Denzelle! We all appreciate you doing the interview as well.

Check out this Denzelle Good Video if you haven't already seen it. If you have seen it...what the heck, watch it again.

comments

4 Responses to "Getting To Know: Denzelle Good"
  1. Eric said...
    May 13, 2009 at 5:10 PM

    "My all-time favorite football player is Walter Payton. He was an amazing player, but he was so humble and thats how i try to model myself."

    Another example of NCSU bringing in character athletes. I really appreciate the foundation that both football and basketball are putting together. I look forward to watching these guys win.

  2. TruthBKnown Returns said...
    May 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

    I wouldn't trade TOB for any coach in the nation. He's bringing in the best recruits, in almost every aspect of the word.

  3. ppack3 said...
    May 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM

    I'm actually going to re-post my previous comments on Denzelle here, for a lack of anything new to add, other than..."Great interview, as always."
    "What studs O'brien is going to have to work with the next few years, including Mr. Good. We will soon start to see a pipeline of O-linemen going through Raleigh, straight to the NFL.
    WPP, do you recall a time in History when the Pack had a truly formidable Offensive line?"
    Go Pack!

  4. Anonymous said...
    May 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM

    "NC State is a great school with great coaches. They are a strong program on the rise and I feel like I should be a part of it." - DG

    That's perfect. Another great recruit laying the foundation for a great program.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates