Thursday, October 29, 2009

Toney Baker: Post Practice Q & A


Q: Can you talk about your relationship with former coach and current Florida State associate head coach Chuck Amato?

A:  I thought he was a good coach. I liked him as a person. He recruited me here and I really don't have anything negative to say about him. I just wish him luck in the future.

Q: You were recently voted NC State's first half Offensive MVP, how does that make you feel?

A: It makes me feel real good, but it's only the first half. There's a whole second half to play. I look forward to keep improving and getting better. So, you know, I'm thankful for that, but we've still got a lot more season left. 

Q: The offense has struggled the past few games. What do you feel needs to be done to get back on track?

A: Just to get on the same page. Really, that's what we pretty much used that bye week for. We're working on timing and fundamentals. We're getting back to where we need to be. 

Q: Would you like to see them run the ball more?

A: Of course, I'm a running back, but we do what we do and I have no control over that. I just go hard, and we do whatever we have to do to win.

Q: How frustrating is it when you're running the ball well early in the game, but don't see many opportunities late in the game, because the offense is playing catch up?

A: Oh it's frustrating, but more because we're losing. I don't have control over that, and really it doesn't matter. It's all about winning. That's what's frustrating, and we're really tying to get that turned around. 

Q: As a leader of this team, what have you been saying or doing to keep the team motivated?

A: Oh, just making everybody understands that we can still have a great season. I'm just letting everybody know that there's no quit in us. We just have to be consistent and keep working, and I'm trying to do that and lead by example. I think everybody took the role that they need to and now we're headed in the right direction.

Thanks Toney!

comments

3 Responses to "Toney Baker: Post Practice Q & A"
  1. Unknown said...
    October 29, 2009 at 10:18 AM

    Love the positive attitude. We need to keep it up, as fans. The season has a possibility of being brighter from here on out. I hope that the fans and players sieze the opportunity to play/cheer harder and push each other to win. Keep it up Toney! Love your Technician articles too.

  2. ppack3 said...
    October 29, 2009 at 2:24 PM

    Well said Matt.

  3. Anonymous said...
    October 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM

    ^Ditto.

    Inspirational words from Toney Baker. That's a great interview.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates