Friday, August 14, 2009

Russell Wilson: Media Day 2009


comments

5 Responses to "Russell Wilson: Media Day 2009"
  1. PackPower93 said...
    August 14, 2009 at 7:53 PM

    word up RW!!! i like the part about his faith. No matter what you believe , you have to credit a kid of his age believing in something bigger than himself.

    good interview on so many levels.

  2. Slick said...
    August 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

    Just seen on nfl network that Andre Brown will miss season due to torn achilles (sp?).

    I hate to hear this and hope he makes a full recovery.

  3. ppack3 said...
    August 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM

    I am so pumped about this first game v. U of SC (I refuse to call them USC). I can't wait to see Russell Wilson exact his revenge against the COCKS! BTW, it wasn't just the knockout blow that pissed me off last year, because that was more accidental. But the half-dozen cheap shots (spearing, hits after the whistle, etc.) with no calls is what made me the most angry. Those will be called this year. The Pack Coaches and players do a great job of NOT giving the 'other team' bulletin board material. They are SO P.C. But, we all know that last year's game is gnawing at all of them. I know that we are too disciplined to ever throw cheap shots (Thank God). But you know that The Pack are just as ready to step out on that field as we are to see it happen.
    I think that T. Manning is going to step up and take the starting LB spot from Maddox. He is a natural Linebacker (not that Maddox isn't), and he was born with those instincts that grace Nate Irving. Not to mention, Manning is a (fast) beast! Some people have a nose for the ball. They are born with it, and they know what to do when they arrive at the man toting the rock. I think that Terrell could emerge this year, in much the same way that Nate did last year. And, think about our LB Core in 2010, with all but R. Michel coming back, that could be a very scary prospect for the rest of the league. It may be a blessing that Irving will be around for that. All of that, and I still haven't talked about Audi Cole. This kid could be VERY good. If I saw him in a darkened alley, I would probably just lay my wallet down and run, before he could say anything! j/k!
    If we can get the Defense to where it needs to be, then no other teams will want to see us on Saturdays, because the Offense is going to be there as long as Wilson has anything to say about it! And, Glennon projects to be the same way. So, let's give some love to Dana Bible. He gets little play around town, but he (and O'Brien)can develop talent at the QB spot. They've been doing it for years, and we should expect to see decent QB play for the foreseeable future. I also want to touch on the media preparation that our players are getting. If you all recall interviews with Russell last year, the phrase, "...and everything..." sticks out in your mind. Dude struggled with an interview. And, some of that is youth and inexperience, but this interview shows how far he has come. I assume Mike Glennon will take those same strides over the next year, too.
    The news out of Chapel Hill gets worse by the day, too. From the sounds of things, their squad has the same feel of our Amato squads. Injuries and exodus mixed with off-the-field problems. They are in deep trouble on the O-line, which trickles down to every other facet of the Offense. If you can't block, you can't run, and you can't pass. This only makes the thin Receiver Corp. more of a problem. All of these problems end up keeping your Defense on the field for the majority of the game, and even if you manage to be 'in' the game towards the end, your Defense is so worn out that it couldn't stop my grandmother on a draw play up the middle. Sorry. I just think that this all sounds so familiar. By the last game of the season, I predict that UNC will be holding their collective shorts. Our game with those guys may border on unfair. I may be wrong, but the writing is on the wall.
    I've got the Football bug, bad! Can you tell? Go Pack!

  4. redfred said...
    August 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM

    ppack3, you left something out, I don't know exactly what it is, but there has to be something. :)

  5. ppack3 said...
    August 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM

    Sterling Lucas....I left out Sterling Lucas. And Beasley. I left out Beasley. But thanks redfred, for keeping me on my toes. Sometimes I get into typing and I can't stop! It's a curse.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates