Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Coach O'Brien's Press Conference After FSU


comments

3 Responses to "Coach O'Brien's Press Conference After FSU"
  1. LoneWolf said...
    November 3, 2009 at 6:39 PM

    Okay I have been quiet to long. I must ask you wolfpack pigskin why is the D so bad? Is it really Mike Archer? is the preperation? Is there more going on behind the scenes that we the fans know about? I would like the TRUTH. Yes I can handle the truth. I also have a question about a certain recruit named Mr. hunter out cary NC. One site says he is a verbal commitment another site says he is not. Why the confusion? I know he was suspened for the season from his highschool team? Please I am looking for answers and not a cop out or a excuse I beg you to tell me whats really going on?

    Thanks for all you do your coverage of both football and basketball is very very awesome. THANK YOU!

  2. ppack3 said...
    November 3, 2009 at 9:42 PM

    I would be surprised, from what I've heard are the cercumstances behind Hunter's suspension, if TOB retains his services. Hunter is going to have to straighten his act up, substantially in order to show that he has what it takes to make it through TOB's program.

    As far as the D? No 'behind the scenes issues' that we don't know about.

    Some beat up TOB for calling out his players, but he is shooting from the hip. Young guys are having to learn on the job and they're getting picked on every game. You can't 'hide' them.

    Plenty of teams run these schemes successfully. They just have a full compliment of players, most of which have some experience. Kids who have to decide where they should be, before they go there, are playing two steps behind the rest of the guys on the field. I don't think this comes down to coaching, it comes down to experience and learning the schemes. You can only teach a player so fast. And, in college, there are only so many opportunities to gain live experience.

    Tom is not going to fire Archer. Mark my words. And some will not take that well, but continuity is TOB's M.O., and I wouldn't expect that to change.

  3. Anonymous said...
    November 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

    LoneWolf, do you really think WPHs has the entire answer to these questions, especially the first?

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates